While verification on Instagram may appear as a status symbol, it serves practical purposes beyond that. Obtaining a verified Instagram account brings several benefits, including enhanced engagement, facilitating the discovery of genuine news sources, and preventing impersonation, among other crucial advantages.
The desire to attain the coveted blue checkmark on Instagram is understandable as verification lends credibility to any account. In this blog post, we will delve into the concept of verification, providing insights on how to get verified on Instagram. Additionally, we’ll share valuable tips to enhance your chances of obtaining verification and address frequently asked questions about the elusive blue tick.
What is Instagram verification and why do you need it?
The familiar blue tick on Instagram profiles indicates verification—a confirmation from Instagram that the account is authentic and represents a prominent brand, public figure, or celebrity. Verification serves as a valuable resource for Instagram users, enabling them to identify genuine accounts of notable individuals and reputable companies.
In addition to status, obtaining a verified account on Instagram offers several noteworthy advantages:
- Enhanced Credibility: Verification adds credibility, which is crucial when sharing important research, news, or articles. Users are more likely to trust and engage with verified accounts.
- Improved Search Visibility: Verified accounts enjoy the benefit of standing out in search results. They are prioritized and displayed at the top, increasing visibility and making it easier for users to find them.
- Impersonation Prevention: Verification helps address impersonation issues. Instagram ensures that only one instance of a person or brand is verified, eliminating confusion and allowing users to trust the authenticity of the verified account.
- Increased Engagement Rates: Verified accounts experience higher engagement rates. A study conducted on 6.5 million Instagram accounts revealed that verified accounts, on average, receive 30% more engagement than non-verified accounts.
Having a verified account on Instagram goes beyond mere status, offering tangible benefits that enhance credibility, visibility, and engagement.
How to get verified on Instagram
In order to attain verification on Instagram, the initial step is to submit an application. It’s important to note that Instagram’s verification process does not involve any fees. Therefore, exercise caution and do not trust any account claiming to sell Instagram verification.
In order to be eligible for verification on Instagram, it is essential to adhere to standard best practices, which include:
- Representation of a Real Person: Your account should represent an actual individual, not a fake persona or entity. Authenticity is a key requirement for verification.
- Unique Presence: Each person or business can only have one verified account. Your account should possess a distinct and distinguishable presence that sets it apart from others.
- Complete Profile: To increase your chances of verification, ensure that your profile is comprehensive and includes the following elements:
- Profile Picture: Use a clear and recognizable profile picture that represents you or your brand effectively.
- Active Engagement: Be actively engaged on the platform by regularly posting and interacting with your audience.
- Bio: Craft a concise and informative bio that accurately describes yourself or your business.
- Public Account: Set your account to public visibility to enable Instagram and its users to access and evaluate your content.